If you’re ready to turn your blank canvas outdoor space into a masterpiece, you may be wondering how do you hire the right landscaping company? At J&S Landscape in Boulder, we recommend that you first take a look at your budget and timeline, as well as the scope and intricacy of your project. While some companies only specialize in pools and others build outdoor kitchens, finding a crew that’s experienced with jobs of all shapes and sizes will save you time and money, as well as ensure a cohesive design.
You’ll also want to choose a landscape partner who will listen to your ideas and respect your vision. It’s one thing to have an advisor at every step of the process, but if you’re feeling bulldozed during your first consultation, it’s likely that the pushing will continue and ultimately end with you being dissatisfied with the results. At J&S Landscape, we believe that if you’re the one investing your hard-earned money into a landscape renovation, you should be the one calling the shots.
Here are a few more ideas on how do you hire the right landscaping company:
- If a friend or neighbor has a gorgeous yard, ask what company did all their work
- Check online review sites and service directories for write-ups, good and bad
- Review their portfolio, request recent client references and make those calls
- Don’t just ask, get proof of licenses, certifications, being bonded and insured
- Look for local landscapers with a long history, those who don’t deliver don’t last
- Ask about staff expertise and see if anyone has a degree or any certifications
- Get a proper drawing along with proposed plant and building material photos
- Ask about the build – process, equipment and what to expect once work starts
- Make sure they will be on-site start to finish with no gaps to work on other jobs
- Insist on a time and cost proposal in writing, and ask any questions you have
- Make sure you’re covered by asking about a guarantee on work, plants, etc.
Deciding on a landscape company is no easy task. There are a lot of fly by night outfits out there who will talk a big game and promise the moon and stars at rock-bottom prices. Don’t fall for it. If you’re putting any amount of money into the project, the due diligence will more than pay off in the end. Ask the right questions, do a bit of your own digging and make sure you only work with the very best in the business. By following the tips above, the final product is sure to meet and even exceed your needs.
Now that you know how do you hire the right landscaping company, give our team at J&S Landscape in Boulder a call. For the last three decades, we’ve created unique, high-quality outdoor masterpieces for clients in Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, Louisville and Fort Collins. No project is too big or too small and every job starts with a one-on-one conversation to see how we can turn your vision into a reality.
Call or contact our team today and let us design, build and maintain the outdoor space of your dreams.