If you’re ready to turn your blank canvas outdoor space into a masterpiece, you may be wondering how to hire the best landscape design company.
At J&S Landscape in Boulder, we recommend that you first take a look at your budget and timeline, as well as the scope of your project to determine what kind of landscaping company you need. While some landscapers only install softscapes and others only build patios and decks, finding more comprehensive expertise can save you time and money, as well as ensure cohesive design.
You’ll also want to choose a landscape partner who will listen to your ideas and respect your vision.
It’s one thing to have an advisor at every step of the process, but if you’re feeling bulldozed during your first consultation, it’s likely that the pushing will continue, leaving you dissatisfied with the results.
At J&S Landscape, we believe that if you’re the one investing your hard-earned money into a landscape renovation, you should be the one calling the shots.
The Pre-Hire Checklist
Beyond knowing what you need and getting a good feel from a company’s rep, here are a few more tips on hiring the best landscape design company:
- If a friend or neighbor has a gorgeous yard, ask what company did all their work
- Check online review sites and service directories for write-ups, good and bad
- Review their portfolio, request recent client references and make those calls
- Don’t just ask, get proof of licenses, certifications, being bonded and insured
- Look for local landscapers with a long history, those who don’t deliver don’t last
- Ask about staff expertise and see if anyone has a degree or any certifications
- Get a proper drawing along with proposed plant and building material photos
- Ask about the build – process, equipment and what to expect once work starts
- Be sure they will be on-site start to finish with no gaps to work on other jobs
- Insist on a time and cost proposal in writing, and ask any questions you have
- Make sure you’re covered by asking about a guarantee on work, plants, etc.
Finding the Best Landscape Design Company
While it might seem like there’s a lot of work that needs to be tackled before a shovel ever goes into the ground, just remember that there are a lot of fly by night outfits out there. They will talk a big game and promise the moon and stars at rock-bottom prices. Don’t fall for it.
If you’re putting money into the project, due diligence will more than pay off in the end. Ask the right questions, do a bit of your own digging and make sure you only work with the best in the business. By following the tips above, the final product is sure to meet and even exceed your needs.
Now that you know how to hire the best landscape design company, give our team at J&S Landscape in Boulder a call. For the last three decades, we’ve created unique, high-quality outdoor masterpieces for clients in Boulder, Longmont, Broomfield, Louisville and Fort Collins.
No project is too big or too small and every job starts with a one-on-one conversation to see how we can turn your vision into a reality! Call or contact our team today.